Recruitment Shouldn’t Be a Gamble: Join CareerBuilder at SHRM 2011 in Las Vegas
Obviously, there are a lot of reasons the team over here at CareerBuilder is excited to be in Las Vegas this year for SHRM – spectacular food, shopping and shows, the chance to relive the epic skydiving Elvises scene from Honeymoon in Vegas, etc….but the chance to meet all of the conference attendees is at the top of that list. Honestly. (I mean, Vegas is great and all, but if you’ve seen one American Storm show, you’ve seen ‘em all…I’ve heard.)
SHRM, after all, provides us one of the best opportunities to get quality one-on-one time with you, the people who are the driving force behind our mission to match the right people with the right companies. That said, if you’re planning to go to SHRM this year, I highly encourage you to visit us at booth 2217 on the showroom floor.
Here’s a run-through of everything we’ve got going on:
- Cash In Your Chips and Spin to Win Free Giveaways
- Featured Presentations: The Future of Social Media Recruiting and More…
- Speak One-on-One with Our Recruitment Experts
- Special Guest: Rock DeMarco “The World’s Fastest Speed Painter”
- Featured Event: What Your CEO Wants to Know
Cash in Your Chips and Spin to Win Free Giveaways
All SHRM attendees will receive a mail piece with a custom CareerBuilder poker chip in the mail in the weeks leading up to the conference. Bring this chip with you to Vegas, where you can “cash it in” at our booth – booth 2217 – for a spin at our prize wheel. (Did I mention we’re also going to have a daily $1000 Grand Prize giveaway?)
Forgot your chip? Not a problem. You can earn additional chips by participating in any or all of the following activities taking place at our booth:
- Check out an in-booth presentation on current recruitment trends. (Detailed schedule to come)
- Participate in a social media video: Look out for our camera crew, who will be out on the showroom floor, shooting man-on-the street videos, gathering testimonials and asking job seeker questions that will be featured on our social media sites.
- Stop by a workstation and speak with one of our recruitment experts.
- Download the new CareerBuilder Mobile App.
- Follow us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn.
- Attend What Your CEO Wants to Know on Monday, June 27 at the Las Vegas Hilton, featuring CareerBuilder’s own CEO, Matt Ferguson
Featured Presentations at Booth 2217 with Recruitment Industry Experts
Check back for updates about specific times and dates for the following presentations featuring our recruitment industry experts.
- YOUR COMPANY IN 2020: CAPTURING TALENT TO FUEL FUTURE GROWTH
Building an integrated recruitment strategy is a much different task today than it was three years ago. Human Resources executives have had to quickly adapt to a changing marketplace in which search engines and social media are becoming more effective platforms to source the best talent. But how do you use those platforms most effectively? This session will help you understand how you can utilize business intelligence to map out a recruiting strategy for long-term growth.
- GOING SOCIAL: HOW TO LEVERAGE EMERGING MEDIA IN YOUR RECRUITMENT STRATEGY
As social media becomes more and more ubiquitous, there is an immediate need for companies to utilize these platforms to build brand awareness and recruit future leaders. This session will illustrate why social media is not simply a trend, used only by teens and college students, but a viable recruiting resource that is utilized across all demographics. Participants will walk away with a greater understanding of how they can implement social media into their current recruitment strategy.
- KEYS TO RECRUITING TOP TALENT
One of the challenges HR executives face today is the effective recruitment of top talent. This session will help you understand the key influencers of an effective recruiting process, and how you can apply them to your organization. We will also examine real-life examples of effective recruitment campaigns and discuss what made each of them a success.
- DATA NOT JUST FOR DATA’S SAKE
Information Age business leaders make critical decisions daily in an ever-changing world. They have access to more data than ever before, which is only accelerated by Internet search, social media and mobile technology. This session will focus on how companies can harness this information to gain insight into the habits, preferences and behaviors of their current employees, job candidates and competitors.
Speak One-on-One with CareerBuilder’s Recruitment Experts
At booth 2217, you can take advantage of the opportunity to speak one-on-one with industry experts and get answers to your questions about bettering your recruitment process. You’ll also be among the first to test-drive our newest products and service enhancements, including the following:
- Resume Database Enhancements
- Talent Network/Work@ Employee Referral App
- Niche Sites
- Social and Mobile Solutions
- Supply & Demand Portal
Finally, you can also learn about the many free resources we offer. Let us prove that we’re more than just a job board – we’re a partner in helping you become a better asset to your organization!
Special Guest: Rock DeMarco, The World’s Fastest Speed Painter
What would a visit to Vegas be without catching a show, amirite? Join us on Sunday, June 26 to catch renowned performance artist Rock Demarco, the “world’s fastest speed painter” as he transforms a blank canvas into a giant masterpiece. Attendees will also have the chance to win one of his completed art pieces!
Where: Booth 2217
When: Sunday, June 26, 4 pm – 7 pm
Featured Event: What Your CEO Wants to Know
This year, we’re proud to announce that our CEO, Matt Ferguson, will be a featured presenter at SHRM. In What Your CEO Wants to Know, Ferguson will discuss a recent nationwide survey of CEOs that highlights how the CEO/HR professional relationship has evolved over the last five years. Attendees will walk away with the following insights:
- What CEOs consider to be “must knows” and “don’t cares”
- The most – and least – effective ways to get your CEO’s attention
- What today’s CEOs expect as the economy continues to heal
When: Monday, June 27, 4 pm-5:15 pm
For more information or to add this presentation to your conference schedule, visit http://cb.com/shrmceo